• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case differences?

J.O.A.T-M.O.N

I bought a 4l80e to swap into my 1097a1. The new trans came with a 242 transfer case ( 2520-01-409-2512 / 12447125 ). My 1097a1 has a 242 transfer case in it (2520‐01-452-7569 / 12342643) both are 272 ratio. Can anyone enlighten me on the differences? I haven't actually started the swap yet, just collecting parts for it and would like to know which transfer case to use if there is a difference.

Thanks,

Attachments

J.O.A.T-M.O.N

The difference is the tail cone....3 bolt and 4 bolt....so different drive shaft.
Thank you. I took a closer look after you posted this and I'll post pics of the tail housings. Now the decision of keeping the one I have and shortening the rear shaft or using the new to me one and buying a shaft. That might mean changing the rear yoke also. Time for more research.

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. I took a closer look after you posted this and I'll post pics of the tail housings. Now the decision of keeping the one I have and shortening the rear shaft or using the new to me one and buying a shaft. That might mean changing the rear yoke also. Time for more research.
That shaft looks a little short to me to begin with