• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case issues?? 208 or 241

hokie8358

:cookoo:i have a np241 from a burb 90 model that was matted to a 400. my np208 messed up in my m1028. i know its for the computer model,speed sensor set up. can you format it to work in a none computer driven tranny? looking for a quick fiX to get me back on the road?or do you have to suck it up and find another 208? ok give me some insight guys

Iceman3005

Just went out and looked at the wife's 89 K-5 civi blazer, it has the NP241 with the cable style speedo. Should be able to find one with the cable style at a junkyard and switch the parts over. Might have to use the tail housing also but not sure.

Iceman3005

No 1 ton pickups, K-5 blazers, and suburbans were passenger side drop until 1991. then body styles changed and transfers cases in these became drivers side drop.

Cucvnut

you sure its a vss hook up on the speedo? i have a 241 in my M1008 it bolted right up. i was told 89/90 3/4 ton burb 241c's are the same.

hokie8358

ya mine has the wiring harness plug in on the tail shaft. no speedo hook up on tail shaft. so i will have to swap out tail shafts? will it have to be from an older np thats matted to a 400 tranny?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Swap out the sender for a gear drive and remove the tone ring from the shaft and place a ring gear on it.

hokie8358

if i swap out the gear drive and remove the tone ring from the shaft and plac e a ring gear on it, does it have to be from same model t case or for instance a used 208 from a 700r4 or an older 241? i have sum stuff laying around

86m1028

if i swap out the gear drive and remove the tone ring from the shaft and plac e a ring gear on it, does it have to be from same model t case or for instance a used 208 from a 700r4 or an older 241? i have sum stuff laying around
I've got the cable speedo style.
I'll swap you parts.
Pm if your interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks