• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Case Issues

Ratchetop

I had my first opportunity to get my deuce in the mud. My friend got stuck and I went to pull him out.
At first it seemed like the front axle was engaging and then my buddy said it was not. After I returned home I looked up and read a lot of threads on sprag transfer cases. I tried to adjust the reverse linkage per the TM and the front wheel would spin in both directions no matter what I tried. I used a pry bar and moved the reverse shaft on the case and finally got it to lock up in reverse.
I removed the sprag housing from the transfer case and there was nothing broken or no obvious damage. I will put it back together and I ordered a new reverse linkage. My question is that is there anything in the front diff that I need to look at?
Any help would be appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you give up on it, I have two nice air shift transfers down Houston way that need a home in the worst way.