• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case leak findings

ratat98

I got home today and noticed something shiny under the truck, so I found the transfer case was leaking. Like a good boy, I got on SS and found that a plugged vent most likely is the cause...so I went to take the vent off, and couldnt get it to turn, so I just decided to take the whole panel off that the vent is attached to....
Whoever last rebuilt the transfer case, put a solid piece of gasket maker completely over the hole on top of the transfer case, not allowing it to vent at all. I thought maybe it was supposed to be that way, but after looking at the TM, it doesn't look like it... anyone else have this happen???

ratat98

Haha thanks! Upon digging deeper, it turns out that the gasket did have a small hole in it for ventilation, however the hole was plugged with greasy goo...

runk

Cleaned out all my axle vents and 2 of the 3 had solid gaskets (home [solider B?] made looking) under the plate. The third one was plugged with the greasy goo...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks