• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case mount problem

tco3129

May be in wrong forum. Please advise if so. Both my deuces have broken studs on right side of xfer case. Is this common ? I had to jackleg drill and tap on my 67 with xfer still on truck. Not fun but I don't have a xmission jack and can't afford a new one big enough to handle it. Today the studs on my 70 KJ failed and had to do another jackleg fix. I chained it in place hopefully temporarily. Again , is this common?

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If need to drop the TC out maybe this will work, it's how I dropped the hyd. pump out of my tractor. If you can find some heavy angle (you'll need 2 pieces) that will fit across the frame above the TC, you can drill holes in it on either side for some 3/8" threaded rod. Use a bar or some pipe (2 pieces again)underneath the TC with holes for the rod to go through. put a washer and nut on each rod and snug it up enough to take the weight as you unbolt it. Then just take turns lowering each nut a couple of turns. It's slow, but it's cheap. You may also need a couple of small ratchet straps to wrap around the lower bars to keep them from spreading. It's been awhile since I've crawled under the deuce so I don't know how much room for there is for this set up. Hope this helps.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roll down the windows, put a piece of channel across the doors, remove the pas seat and doghouse. Disconnect all the shafts and linkages, hook a come along or chain fall to the channel and lower the t-case down onto a $5.00 HF furniture dolly. You'll need to drop the spare down to get it out from under the truck. The dolly lets the case sit straight up and down. I posted pics here and I think I still have them on the P/C, lemme look....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks