• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case pto output

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Can I use tooth count on roller chain sprockets to determine reduction (like teeth in gear sets)?

If so check my logic…
I can’t use a drive shaft w/o moving my air tanks and I have no desire to move them, so I plan to use ANSI 60 roller chain & sprockets instead. I want to keep the chain speed down and since I can use engine RPM combined with transmission to determine PTO speed, here is what I have come up with.

2nd gear @ 1250RPM (actually 1251 RPM) will result transfer PTO output shaft spinning at 450RPM

26 tooth sprocket on the pto (spinning@ 450RM connected to 13 tooth sprocket on the pump will result in the pump’s input shaft turning at 900RPM
or
2nd gear at 1400RPM (actually 1390) ->500RPM->1000RPM
or
2nd gear at 1550RPM (actually 1530) ->550RPM->1100RPM

Last edited:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I got the sprocket installed on the pto using a quickdisconnect bushing and matching sprocket. I put it together the other way first (the teeth on the sprocket were near the flange end), but the crossmember and the sprocket made contact preventing the flange from sliding on to the pto output shaft.

Attachments

Last edited: