• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case PTO removal

gmayor

I have searched the threads and looked at the posted pictures etc. for a deuce transfer case PTO. Couldn't find any to help me in removing it so wondering how difficult it is. The truck is a deuce fire truck M45 503. I am wondering where I can find a cover plate after I remove the PTO? The gasket on the PTO is leaking and I am putting a cargo bed on the truck, so I don't need it. This will be new territory for my mechanic skills.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I had to loosen part of the parking brake setup when installing mine, I would imagine you will have to do so as well to remove yours. Then it is just a matter of removing the linkage/shifter, the oil line, and the PTO itself. Make sure you remove the collar from the t-case. it should be held in place with a set screw (under safety wire). PM me your address, and I'll send you a cover.

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, it's a tight fit there. Don't know how much room the firebed leaves. I would remove the parking brake. The collar may be held on by a bolt and washer instead of a set screw. Save the oil line and fittings, they are to the transfer PTO. Just plug the lower hole.

gmayor

TRansfer Case Pto Removal

A little help please...Well 7 or 8 month project almost done. I have one piece to remove and I'm done, but it won't come off. The colar is held on by a flat tip set screw. Found it, but can't get it to move more than a 1/4 turn. Not enough to get it to come off. Am I missing something? Have used everything from 12" adjustable wrench on a screwdriver. Prying it off, nothing seems to get it to come off. Still won't come loose. Not enough room to get my drill in to drill it out.

Any help would be appreciated

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks