• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case PTO

derby

I have a transfer case PTO connected to a huge winch.I am trting to find some info on it.I can't see any numbers on it.I have not seen too many of these.

derby

This will end up in the classifieds ,I just wanted to have some info on it.It is complete,levers,rods,brackets,oil line and fittings,and pto

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Transfer case PTO

topo said:
is that pto made for a winch or a hydraulic pump ?
Either one, or any other equipment you want to operate all day long at same rpm and direction as the tranny mainshaft turns.
Also it is much stronger than the tranny PTO for the front winch!

G.

RE: Re: RE: Transfer case PTO

thank you I have m816 wrecker that I was going to tahe the pto off of but it look like it turns all the time with no way to put it in neutral . so I need a pto like the one in the picture that shifts in to neutral and that fits a 5 ton kenny

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

your 816 xcase pto should have a neutral , thay dont run full time unless engaged

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

That winch looks to be from a V17A/MTQ. DOes the truck have data plates? Is there a weird shifter to the left of the drivers left knee?

checked the 816 the pto on the transfer case has no linkage on it .the drive shaft leads to a gear box on the front there is a shift rail that operates from in side the cab by the door ( in gear or out of gear ) ? out the back of this same gear box there is a drive line that goes to the rear winch also a shift rail that has( cable in -neutral -cable out ) and out thr back is the drive line that goes to the hoist . will a tranfer case pto from a m-35 fit a 5 ton ? . I just brought the m 816 home it's on my trailer and it has no axles under it other then that it's all there the engine is bad .

derby

topo ,I don't believe that the 2 1/2 ton PTO will work on a 5 ton.Kenny is this the lever (above) You were talking about? V17a/MTQ ?

on the m816 the lever in side the door is in the corner beside to the rear of the seat. maybe some one will know about swaping pto from 2 1/2 to 5 ton ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks