• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case PTO

eldgenb

I have a 816 with no wrecker body, it has the "on all the time" transfer case pto and I want to hook hydraulics to it, do they make some sort of on/off shaft coupler to disengage the pump or should I just let it run and put a relief valve in line so that it is not holding pressure? I could not find a good solution other than doing something different all together and I would like to use this pto since I still have it.
thanks in advance.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would use a coupler or clutch. If I leave the pto engaged for the crane, and drive down the road, the pump makes a heck of a racket. And the pto would be spinning backwards in reverse.

bigford

There is a part-time PTO for the 5 ton. I forget the exact name / numbers but Dave @ Eastern Surplus had one or two.
I was looking into one for mine.I have a 5 ton winch mounted in the rear of my truck and was planning drive the hydraulics
that way also. Kind of pricey last time I checked, but I have not run across that many of them.
The coupler / clutch thing may be less painful.

I bought a part time pto from memphis equipment $1200 for a rebuilt unit . the out put shaft is tapered spicer makes a yoke to run a drive line or you can put a sprocket to use a chain turn a winch .

eldgenb

Does anyone have a link to this coupler idea, I have searched and searched and cannot find anything adequate. I already have a pto so spending money to change it to another one will not do, especially when I can buy a clutch pump and make a mounting bracket and be done with it for $500 but if I can find some sort of a coupler then I can be in and out for $250 or so.

PackRatWrecker

I guess I have a similar problem, with my Deuce. I'm looking for a t-case pto, to run my 480, but I need to be able to disengage it, for road use. The only places I've found any info on them are "out of stock, but expecting more anytime". Just e-mailed Dave, this evening, so we'll see what he can do.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks