• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case questions

bugei

is the transfer case in an m39 series 5 ton truck with an lds multifuel, the same as the one in an 800 series truck? i have a 816 wrecker with a "sick" transfer case, and a line on a 5 ton with a multifuel... and would love to make the 800 pound swap never again

thanx
dan

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can swing it, swap the x-case AND the tranny. You will be much happier with the multi-tranny in that wrecker.2cents

bugei

ron,

should i interpret that as an unqualified maybe? :)

so all my pto and hydraulic stuff will move over, and the wrecker will live to wreck another day?

i sure hope your right, because when i drag home another green thing, i am gonna be in trouble unless it makes my wrecker wreck

pc,

REALLY? is that a straight bolt for bolt swap? nothing could be worse then the gear splits that the 816 now has. this new 54 is starting to sound better and better.

THANX ALL, you all are contributing to my "justify the 54" campaign

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks