• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case shifting

lnwlf2k

Finally got the beast running, she needs new glow plugs so been waiting for the weather to break to be able to run her. First time out with it and found something strange. The transfer case lever shifts but hits the top of the slot when trying to go into HL, when i put the lever to H it is in neutral and when it is in N it is in L. Any ideas to how I can correct this problem or has anyone else run into this. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Action

The linkage is adjustable from underneath. Get T/C physically in neutral. Disconnect one end by removing cotter pin and washer. Place shifter in N. Spin the end that you removed until it pushes back into the lever. You can adjust both ends, so maybe a little from each. Put washer (s) back and install new cotter pins.

DREDnot

While you are under there, cast your eye on the transmission mount assy looking for any damage that may be allowing the transfer case to shift around and change the alignment of the linkages

lnwlf2k

Thanks, guys when the weather warms up I'll be able to get some wrenching done, still waiting on the snow to completely melt and have some time off work, can't wait to fully get to know her. Been looking at the TM's so much information in them, just hard to always find the information you are looking for because of terminology

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks, guys when the weather warms up I'll be able to get some wrenching done, still waiting on the snow to completely melt and have some time off work, can't wait to fully get to know her. Been looking at the TM's so much information in them, just hard to always find the information you are looking for because of terminology
Open the TM PDF in a puter
When open then type Ctrl and the F key at the same time
You will get a pop up box upper right
type in there the nomenclature of what you seek
That PDF will then show every instance of what you typed in no matter how big the PDF

Action

Open the TM PDF in a puter
When open then type Ctrl and the F key at the same time
You will get a pop up box upper right
type in there the nomenclature of what you seek
That PDF will then show every instance of what you typed in no matter how big the PDF
Or just click the magnifying glass icon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks