• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case to transmission torque rod m1008

scottodog

Does anybody know where I can get a transfer case to transmission torque rod for a m1008. mine didnt have one and I broke my transfer case wheeling 38.5 bogger tires.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you post a part number and proper name from the parts TM?

cucvrus

I think he is referring to the steel brace that goes from the right side of the transfer case to the motor mount on some civilian models. it will not be in the CUCV TM that I ever seen.

cucvrus

I looked at the pictures. Very nice. I never did that to any of mine. I never had a civilian 4x4 truck that had them. I have seen them but not very often. I wonder if it was an option code that you had to order. I have parted out several civilian trucks and owned a few in the target years and don't recall seeing them on anything I had. Anyone know. it sure would add some strength to the drive line. it would not stop the breakage from drive line balance and lock up but it would relieve some of the weight on the rear of the transmission and bell housing. I still have the drive line from a 1986 4x4 Suburban that was 4 speed stick and it did not have any of them rods. I always wanted to convert a CUCV to 4 speed stick but that never happened.

DieselBob

Had those support rods on both my 85 civvy blazer with 305V8, 700R4 trans and 208 transfer and my 89 civvy jimmy with a 350V8, 700R4 and 242 transfer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks