• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfercase adapter price?

motormayhem

What do the adapters that go between the th400 and np208 go for? Mine is broke and there is a guy in town who has one, but he doesn't know what he wants for one.

BobM

I was given one free from one of the SS members here when I found that GL had "modified" mine with their handy forklift.;-)
I just paid shipping costs. So I'd agree that $10.00 would be fair!

LanceRobson

Actually, I was the guy who gave up the adapter.

The local transmission shop owner, who builds transmissions and driveline stuff for off-roaders tells me that it can go for a lot of dough, depending on the market and buyer.

As he explained it, in an area with a lot of off-road types, these can bring big money due to the way it carries so much of the driveline weight. He said that if a motor mount gives way under load, the adaptor generally goes too.

The real question might be, what's the local off road situation versus scrap value?

Lance

BobM

Actually, I was the guy who gave up the adapter.

The local transmission shop owner, who builds transmissions and driveline stuff for off-roaders tells me that it can go for a lot of dough, depending on the market and buyer.

As he explained it, in an area with a lot of off-road types, these can bring big money due to the way it carries so much of the driveline weight. He said that if a motor mount gives way under load, the adaptor generally goes too.

The real question might be, what's the local off road situation versus scrap value?

Lance
\

Yeah and thanks again, Lance. I didn't use your name 'cause i didn't know if you would mind. BTW it still is working just fine!:-D

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I see, they usually sell in the $75 range. Sure you are going to see some cheaper, and some higher, but it is a fairly common adapter. I usually have an extra or two if someone gets in a bind.

HAWKMAN

I was given one free from one of the SS members here when I found that GL had "modified" mine with their handy forklift.;-)
I just paid shipping costs. So I'd agree that $10.00 would be fair!
$10.00!!!!! Wow I guess that IS fair!! Salvage yards in NJ get $75.00 the local yard here in PA gets $50.00 and does sell them at that price. If anyone can get them for $10.00 you should buy one just for a spare. Just my opinion:)

BobM

$10.00!!!!! Wow I guess that IS fair!! Salvage yards in NJ get $75.00 the local yard here in PA gets $50.00 and does sell them at that price. If anyone can get them for $10.00 you should buy one just for a spare. Just my opinion:)
Hawkman, I understand that you are in the business of selling. And from what I have seen, you supply good and sometimes hard to get parts that have helped many people. But, as I understood the original post, this was one friend selling to another friend. And as a friend, I would not expect another friend to pay market price.
Also, here in Indiana, we have pic-a-part yards where $10.00 for this piece is about normal.
I respect that you have a differing opinion. But do you need the sarcasm?:roll:

motormayhem

Well the local guy I alked to called me and said he wants $100 for it and the pick your part said $75. So I am going to call a buddy who has tons of blazer parts and see what he has to say.

HAWKMAN

Hawkman, I understand that you are in the business of selling. And from what I have seen, you supply good and sometimes hard to get parts that have helped many people. But, as I understood the original post, this was one friend selling to another friend. And as a friend, I would not expect another friend to pay market price.
Also, here in Indiana, we have pic-a-part yards where $10.00 for this piece is about normal.
I respect that you have a differing opinion. But do you need the sarcasm?:roll:
Take it anyway you like, I'm saying that $10.00 is a great price and if I had the opportunatey to get one for $10.00 I'd jump on it considering the going commercial prices............not everyone is a wiseguy..:wink: