• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission controller question

319cssb

Does anyone know where I can find WTEC II transmission controller schematics ? Or does someone here have them and would post here?738E6E99-53AD-431F-B60B-59915D761DE2.jpeg

coachgeo

dont recall ever seeing those schematics...... but it is a standard Wtech II that are in tons of trucks and motorhomes... so if they exist.. they are bound to be online somewhere.

to my suprise the wtech III schematics seem to be online.... didnt find any two's though. Here is diagnostics with some schematcs for the the two... but their are transmission schematics

Last edited:

319cssb

I have seen interconnect diagrams for the system, but have not seen any Schematics for the Electronic Control Unit itself...
That’s what I need schematics for a electronic control module itself.
Does anyone have a broken unit they like to part with?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are multiple models of wtec2 controllers. Alot of the civilian ones used in motor homes and such are 12v only, and are basic models are limited to 5 forward gears. Im not sure if thats just programming for the 5 gear limit or physical differences. The “max” version controller can do 12/24 and the 7 forward gears. I can program a civilian controller to the lmtv trans. It just has to be a model thats 24v compatible and that allows for the 7 forward gears.

319cssb

There are multiple models of wtec2 controllers. Alot of the civilian ones used in motor homes and such are 12v only, and are basic models are limited to 5 forward gears. Im not sure if thats just programming for the 5 gear limit or physical differences. The “max” version controller can do 12/24 and the 7 forward gears. I can program a civilian controller to the lmtv trans. It just has to be a model thats 24v compatible and that allows for the 7 forward gears.
That’s not going to help me, I need a 7 speed model for LMTV that I can buzz out the traces that are disconnected on mine. Or have schematics of the unit.

Ronmar

I suspect it is not. One can buy a service manual with all schematics from Allison, just costs several $$$. So no it’s not proprietary
A service manual that has the controller internal circuit schematics? Please provide a link to said item... in fact maybe you just better go Ahead and buy it, because if such an animal exists, it is probably the only place you are going to find it...

319cssb

A service manual that has the controller internal circuit schematics? Please provide a link to said item... in fact maybe you just better go Ahead and buy it, because if such an animal exists, it is probably the only place you are going to find it...
I’m not sure if that’s sarcasm in your reply, but I’m not going to sink hundreds of dollars in a manual I need to only find two internal traces. But in either way, in not going to engage in a discussion with you. It looks like you have no information to bring to the table anyway.
good luck to you , sir

Last edited:

coachgeo

I’m not sure if that’s sarcasm in your reply, but I’m not going to sink hundreds of dollars in a manual I need to only find two internal traces. But in either way, in not going to engage in a discussion with you. It looks like you have no information to bring to the table anyway.
good luck to you , sir
lol...you have been having a bad day today? . we all have them on occasion..

Knowing Ron ... sarcasm is rare...... do keep in mind Ron is one of the most helpful people in here and also one of the most knowledgeable..... suggest you not cut off your nose to spite your face. Just a .02

319cssb

lol...you have been having a bad day today? . we all have them on occasion..

Knowing Ron ... sarcasm is rare...... do keep in mind Ron is one of the most helpful people in here and also one of the most knowledgeable..... suggest you not cut off your nose to spite your face. Just a .02
I don’t have time for games... that’s means nobody’s games. That individual is happily nestled in my ignore list where he will stay.
As for your suggestions. It’s just your .02.
As for my day , you don’t know me, I don’t need to know you. My day is none of your concern. Hooah?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wasn’t there somebody rebuilding these? I thought fuzzytoaster had a few done.
I have a few rebuilt units on the shelf from Transmission Instruments. I feel it's not worth the hassle of diving into since the work is fairly priced and comes with a 2 year warranty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks