• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission does... Nothing.

spectre6000

Fluid for the win. 5 forum points for porkysplace!

Just filled it for a total of ten new quarts, and once I remembered to take the parking brake off, the airborne wheels started to turn. Drove it around the parking lot, then around the block. I have some electrical gremlins to sort out now, and I'll need to keep an eye on the fluids for a bit as the various systems burp, but I'm on the road again!

spectre6000

Only hot, but there are the two indentations/dots previously mentioned. They checked out with just the 4 quarts cold, but I think that essentially just meant the sump was full. Without the rest of the system having fluid in it, it wouldn't have been replenishing the fluid removed by the pump in operation, and it would have immediately have gone below an operational level before it was able to get enough fluid to do anything. By tilting the truck toward its nose and dumping a more reasonable amount of fluid into it, it finally got enough to be able to do something with it.

Moral of the story: the manual isn't always 100% correct or comprehensive.