• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission down shift switch

jimm1009

Has anyone found a source for the CUCV tranmission kick down switch mounted on the gas pedal bracket?

The last GM p/n in the -34P TM is 1242101.

Just to clarify, this is not the kick down solneoid in the transmission pan area. I have found those in a few places.
The switch above is a variable rheostat style switch.

jimm1009

Edit: I found the answer myself. I was not putting "diesel" in my search.

aua

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

Last edited:

Marlboro

Hey guys, I've just put a th400/208 into my 1986 chevy K-10, it had a 700R4 in it... I had it rebuilt and they put an adjustable govner on it so the shift points could be adjusted. It started out shifting late into second so I adjusted it to shift earlier, but now notice that it starts out in second gear when in drive. I can drop the gear shifter into 1 and get first but not when in D. Does the gas pedal senser thing have anything to do with this or is that just for dropping a gear to pass? Also its not a cucv not that is matters much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks