• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission help!!

Iron Mule

I have reverse in R, N and the first Drive slot. Truck will go forward sometimes in first gear slot. Sticky linkage/cable or stuck valve in valve body?? Truck has only had 500 miles since rebuild in 2009.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assume you have a M939 truck?

I'm not really understanding what your problem is but I'd say it's a linkage problem if it's not going into the gear you select. The transfer case high and low is also tied into the gear shift linkage and can sometimes cause shift troubles going into reverse if it's not adjusted right.

Iron Mule

It's in reverse while in reverse, nuetral and drive. No gear in 4,3,2 but tries to go into forward gear when it's put in 1. Yes it's a 931A1. It's been parked for 3 years so I'm guessing something is frozen up?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if it works in "D" (5) all the gears are working. Time to pull out the TMs and adjust that linkage.

Iron Mule

I had reverse in D. Got it sorted out today, something was sticking inside the tranny. Put some tranny conditioner in it, drove it hard in reverse as this was all I had and it freed up in a few mins. Everything worked properly so I drained the fluid and serviced it. Drove it all afternoon and I love it. Now I need another one!