• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission - Isn't a screw supposed to be here?

DeucesWild11

Under my deuce yesterday working on the brakes when I looked at the tranny and noticed this hole where is looks like a screw is supposed to be.. Is this normal? Doesn't look it to me..

Attachments

Sephirothq

gimpy beat me to it. IT is a plug for the bellhousing. you are not missing anything. you put the plug in the hole when you are going to be fording

DeucesWild11

I posted my new issue on the thread "Deuce rear axle brake lockup..... Help please!!!" Since my problem was almost the same but have other issues with the MC and a mysterious line that is not connected to anything but looks like it should be. Thanks in advance for your help!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is a sephirothq ?

M813A1

HI Duecewild11. That mysterious line is the vent extension line hooks up to the top cap of the MC and that goes up to the top of the firewall into the air breather when it is hooked up to the MC when fording a Duece. It allows the MC to breath when it is underwater , along with the plug at the bottom of the bellhousing to keep the water out, they both are part of the fording kit. You can find those things in the TM.