• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Lifting Winch

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see there is a transmission lifting winch for sale on Ebay. It is listed as "Transmission Winch" item number 190185166381. I have one of these and want to say they are a real help when changing a clutch, motor, or transmission. They set on the cab floor with the transmission cover removed. Attached to the transmission, they allow you to hold it up and slide it back to get the nose shaft out of the bell housing. You can also lower the trans to the ground and lift it back up into position with it.
They also are to work with a transfer case, but I have not had to try it on one yet.
Good luck if you choose to bid on it!
Regards Marti

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to add that I believe these winches will also work for a deuce transmission. The cab is very similar to the 5 ton.
Marti

jwaller

yup. thanks. now everybody on here knows about it. so much for getting a good deal on it. you wouldnt happen to be the guy selling it would you?

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This response is addressed to JWALLER:
I feel your response about my message to members about the transmission winch was disrespectful. I was posting it in the interest of serving the good of all, not selling it myself, (which I am not), and not in the interest of causing you to lose a bid. I find the winch to be a great contributor to the safety of all personnel in handling the heavy transmissions. My goal is always to help others and keep others from getting physically hurt while pursuing our hobby. Like all auctions, all is fair in bidding; may the highest bidder who goes over the reserve win without shutting out anyone else unfairly.
Marti Sacks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my trans removel winch works extremely well, it consists of a 5' peice of 3" pipe and a come-a-long

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that too. A bit far and out of my price range....tightwad!
I should edit this...I'M a tightwad!!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm gonna change my t-case uot to an air shift. Can it be dropped out from the top with a 4 by and a come along?

Sarge

Lighten up guys!
Yeah, it can seem like it's unfair when someone posts comments about auctions on here, but on the other hand, no foul. I have gotten several leads on stuff I wanted by paying attention on Steel Soldiers. It works both ways. There is also no foul when someone (not in this case) posts something he is selling. I think that it is supposed to be on the 'for sale' section of SS.
As far as I am concerned, yeah, I agree with WillWagner, I am also a tightwad. I use a 4x4 across the doors with a chain hoist. If I was going to swap tranny's or transfer cases frequently, perhaps I would be interested in the proper equipment.
Alright, I guess I have to say this; if I have offended anyone with this post, I apologize now, I did not intend offence, I just thought that angry words are out of place in this situation.
Group Hug!
-Sarge

Jake0147

I can see a little frustration, however I don't see where this auction is at all difficult to find, it searches very easily on ebay if you are looking for anything even remotely related. IMO anybody who wanted one already knew of the auction. Personally, I never knew there was such a thing, I actually found it very informative. A fellow at work used to tell of a cheap stamped (civilian "homier tool sale") type come-a-long and a tanker bar through the side windows for this job. I always thought that was the right way. I'll probably make one, although more for work than play, since I think my transmission and clutch are just fine. I for one learned something very interresting from this post.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,

What TM number is that? I'm not finding it. I need info on how to change the transfer case on a 5-ton. It sounds like this winch is the way.

Any advise is appreciated.

I don't mean to hi-jack, but I didn't want to open a redundant thread.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
actually, i have been looking for a transmission lifting WENCH but no luck, i figure that if the lifting WENCH had a NSN number, i mite get away with it with my wife, tellilg her that the WENCH was part of the necessary tools needed to work on the truck

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome! Thanks Kenny!! Any tips on removing the transfer case on a 5-ton? You can e-mail or PM if it doesn't involve the use of this winch or fit the thread.

emr

73m819 said:
actually, i have been looking for a transmission lifting WENCH but no luck, i figure that if the lifting WENCH had a NSN number, i mite get away with it with my wife, tellilg her that the WENCH was part of the necessary tools needed to work on the truck
Its a quote ike this that maks this site so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL! Honest Honey she's part of the official tool kit,I have to take her to all the shows! can't i keep her? LOL! Randy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my deuces, I prefer using the engine crane through the passenger door. I do this even though I have the tranny hoist.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks