• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission locked in first gear question/help

oldgoatfarmer1361

Hello I have entered into purchasing a M923A2 with a locked transmission and I am trying anything I can to pay for a service call from Allison transmission company.

I bought the truck because I felt it was what I wanted and I knew it had the transmission problem I went into this knowing that it probably is a bad tranny. I am tearing into the neutral safety witch and trying to see if the Air pressure could be an issue with tranny.

#2 of ? to come anyone had a radiator serviced and redone using a local radiator shop? The radiator is fine right now but it has been repaired and my luck it will blow out after I get the tranny repaired or replaced in Middle of BFE. Any thoughts or ideas as well.

More to follow right now I have a big farm so I can tool around in big slow Circles LOL. Have a good evening and thanks for any help.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Be prepared for sticker shock on the radiator. I cost me 800 bucks to get the one on my former wrecker re-cored. CSMdavis in MS has a bunch of 900 series parts and is planning on attending the GA Rally next month. PM him and see if he can help fix your or can give you a deal on a replacement.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There are plenty of people parting these trucks out all over the country so whatever parts you need are available. I had trans issues once it was due to low fluid. It wasnt leaking it had not been properly filled. You need to check the level with the engine running and in neutral or you will not get a correct reading. There are hot and cold markings on the dipstick. Other than that you should drop the trans pan and look at the filter and fluid. If there is metal shavings and clutch material or the filter is gummed up with clutch material then the trans has probably seen better days.