• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission M1008

TedO

One more- how does one adjust the vacuum modulator valve? My transmission on my M1008 has such a strong kick that I am worried about it knocking my neck out of joint.

llong66

Are you referring to the valve on the side of the inj. pump? It has two bolts that hold it to the side of the pump, loosen them up and pivot the valve assembly toward the core support. This will make the tranny shift earlier/softer. There is a spec for this and a special gauge that is specified for this adj.
This link is how a fellow member did his: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...e-Adjustment&highlight=shift+point+adjustment
I have found that just trial and error is the easiest way, adj. a lil drive around the block, if not happy repeat.
Hope this helps!

Greg

llong66

When you replace your vac lines, dont forget the small piece going from the vac. pump to the T if you have a stock setup, check the T and cap on the other end of it too, I just replaced it all.

llong66

I have never had one, but I seem to remember reading some place that you use a small allen wrench. Take a flashlight and look in the end where the hose connects and see if there is an allen head screw. If I am remembering correctly, you dont have much adj. either way, only a turn or so.