• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission M35A3

willy

It has been talked about before can some tell me why oil is not good, and Dextron III is better.
To me the engeneers at Allison much have a good reason to use 15w 40 for transmission oil I am not going againsed some one but why, that is a expensive change over 21 quarts is a lot off oill to change
My oil in M35A3 is clean and yellow
Willy

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Allison never recommended motor oil for the 1545 transmission. The Army mandated the use of motor oil to eliminate the need for one more fluid they would need to support in the field. Dexron III is much better than the motor oil. Buy it at NAPA under their brand in 5-gallon pails and it is painless. You should use the search function as there are many posts discussing this issue.

Coalman

I just bought two cases of Cam2 atf fluid (dex111) for $32 a case Thats 24 quarts for $64 I had to get my tranny rebuilt so now was the time to switch