• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Oil - 80w/90 vs SAE 40/50

jnbullock

New member and a new owner of a m932a2. Just drove her back to Tampa from Atlanta without any problems. I read the manuals for the transmission and was surprised that this one had transmission fluid instead of oil. It came with extra cans of train fluid. I changed out the filter and the fluid looks new. Any thoughts on why?

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have definite thoughts. Just my own observations, maybe its just my truck.

I changed my fluids before driving 1600 miles home after buying one in Idaho. I suspect it had tranny fluid, I changed to 15w 40.

I thought something was wrong. Took it back to the guy who did all the work to get it ready. He drained a little, but said it wasn't too much over. It felt like it robbed a lot of power off the line. I was having a hard time getting it moving.

Maybe its just my truck, but I won't use 15-40 again. I have found Oreilley (premium?) tractor hydraulic fluid to work great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks