• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission problems

taylordc15

My M1009 runs fine for about 20-30 min but once it warms up it will rev really high before shifting from 2nd to 3rd or not shift out of 2nd at all. I have replaced all the vacuum lines and it did not cure it. I bought a vacuum gage and the vacuum pump is putting out the correct amount of vacuum. I tried bypassing the vacuum valve on the IP by connecting the vacuum pump directly to the transmission and it will not shift out of 2nd even when cold so I do not believe that it is the vacuum valve. I am going to replace the vacuum modulator valve on the transmission but have not found one in stock anywhere yet. Anyone have any other ideas?

CCATLETT1984

it could be the vacuum regulator on the side of the injector pump, or the governer on the side of the transmission sticking. If you disconnect the vacuum lines from the transmission it should shift, mind you it will be late and Very hard. but this will tell you if its a transmision issue or simply a vacuum issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks