• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission question when swapping from 6.2l to 6.5l.

Odakrem

Hello all!

Im doing a swap from a 6.2 to a 6.5. I had a question about the transmission.

1.The trans on the 6.5 has a TCM, where can I get the wiring harness for the TCM?

Pics:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

hummer4x4guy

I'm doing the same thing Odak and I believe the best thing/only thing to do is to swap out the body harness also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odakrem

I was afraid of that.

So so if I pick up an A2 body harness it would have the TCM harness already in it correct?

Anyone have one for sale? Haha

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Odakrem

Ok, thanks for letting me know what else was needed.

Money is of no concern for this project. This is my bosses truck, he has money. He just bought two USMC MK48(HEMMT's for the Army folk for ****s and giggles.)

Can anyone confirm that this is intact the NSN for the A2 body harness. 5995011883269

Also so does anyone know the nsn for the other items? I can find them in the TM but if anyone has them handy that would be great.

Also a website that might have most of these parts for sale would be extremely helpful as well.

Here are his other tucks he bought just because he likes em,haha.

Attachments

Last edited:

Odakrem

Just in case he doesn't feel like getting all the extra stuff, can I just swap the motors? Will the trans that's mated to the 6.2 work with the 6.5?

hummer4x4guy

I was able to find an A2 ambulance wiring harness for $780. So if you have time to wait you can find a decent deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk