• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Question

epitts

The truck is a 1984 M1009, I installed new vac pump,modulator valve, vac lines, and IP valve when I got the truck. Just this week the truck did not shift right, hard up shift. I checked the vacuum and have 20 at the pump and 10 at the valve with 10 at the trans. After pulling the line off and reinstalling it started shifting OK. I turned the truck off went inside, came back out truck did not want shift right. It will shift but is a hard up shift. I checked the TM's and read about the governor issue. Could the modulator be going bad after two years? I have not changed the fluid and filter yet. It does shift at high RPM's.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks