• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission reset

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday I was driving home from the gun store and I was stuck in limp mode, got home and noticed there was no trans light at start up. So I decided to bypass the reset and it worked fine. I want put a inline fuse and get rid of the reset. I know it is 12 volt but do not know how many amp fuse to put in? Does anyone know what amp fuse to put in to safely protect the TCM?

BLK HMMWV

I have to ask , you did try to reset it first before you cut it out of the system?
Why not just stick with the factory set up?
Why did it trip or blow?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure what is going on the reset does not reset, but works fine if bypassed. Nothing looks corroded
use a multi- meter to determine if the breaker is open or closed, but yes…you can bypass by jumpering the 2 leads together, but maybe the breaker is working as designed and you truly have a short that is blowing the breaker?
I mean..,if this was your house and you had a blown breaker at your electrical panal, would you use a piece of 10ga wire to bypass the fuse that keeps blowing?

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same thing. This time I replaced the breaker, the TCM, and I made sure the TCM was getting power. Then I just bypassed the breaker. Still in limp mode. 1997 M1097-A2.

Attachments

Last edited:

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same thing. This time I replaced the breaker, the TCM, and I made sure the TCM was getting power. Then I just bypassed the breaker. Still in limp mode. 1997 M1097-A2.
This little guy was my problem, its right next to the breaker. I could not get any codes because the trans light was not working, luckily had a spare laying around 20230316_134410.jpg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't have a way to check for codes....
I had my NAS crash so I cannot locate the supplemental troubleshooting guide, I think I have posted it for you before. (someone?)
All you need is a piece of wire to get the codes.
If you have no trans light you ether have a bad light or you have no power to the TCM, a bad TCM, or something in between (wiring)
You need a working (comes on when the start switch is put to run) trans light to go any farther, if you have no trans light it is possible when you figure out why you will have figured out the problem.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This little guy was my problem, its right next to the breaker. I could not get any codes because the trans light was not working, luckily had a spare laying around View attachment 893296
Had a new one...still not working. Transmission light still has not come back on. Re-checked battery wiring. All is good. TCM is getting power. FYI - I appreciate all the help.

4x4nutz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had my NAS crash so I cannot locate the supplemental troubleshooting guide, I think I have posted it for you before. (someone?)
All you need is a piece of wire to get the codes.
If you have no trans light you ether have a bad light or you have no power to the TCM, a bad TCM, or something in between (wiring)
You need a working (comes on when the start switch is put to run) trans light to go any farther, if you have no trans light it is possible when you figure out why you will have figured out the problem.
I found it. And I am going over everything. TY!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks