• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission/transfer case temps

Ovrlnd1

I just got a IR laser thermometer, (which I probably shouldn't have because now I'm running all over checking temps). I was curious what the temperature of the transmission and transfer case should be running at? 2002 M1078a1. So far truck is empty/stock, but pulling mountain passes in Colorado. Thanks

Ovrlnd1

The transmission has an engine coolant heat exchanger and it's overall temp should closely track with the engine coolant temp. Could be a bit higher under some circumstances but generally speaking it's going to be coolant temp or lower.
Thanks. Engine seems fine on the temps, fan kicks on at 205 as it should be. Pointed laser thermometer at transmission and its showing 237. That is the casing, which will retain heat. Just thought it was a little warmer than I should have been. That was after pulling up a mountain pass for 30 miles, so most likely within specs. Thanks