• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission upgrade

carctruck

Really want to put at least a four speed in my CUCV, anyone have any part numbers or suggestions, Im also looking at putting in a turbo down the road anyone know how the sidewinder kit works out?

Atwater

best bet on the trans is to find a parts truck(one stop shopping). 4 spd was it for the chevys of this vintage. i think the sidewinder kit in a cucv may require moving one of the battery trays but i dont know for sure. do a search and you should be able to find all sorts of info:beer:

1986Blazerk5

best bet on the trans is to find a parts truck(one stop shopping). 4 spd was it for the chevys of this vintage. i think the sidewinder kit in a cucv may require moving one of the battery trays but i dont know for sure. do a search and you should be able to find all sorts of info:beer:
Yes the banks sidewinder kit does require moving of the rear battery tray

Cucvnut

for the TransMission I would use a 4l80e its better than a 700r4 but its computer controlled. a guy just posted up his thread on it.

True Knight

I just posted a write up of my 4L80 install. Its on the 4th page now. I am very happy with the way the truck drives now. And i am also going to be looking into a turbo soon (hopefully).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks