• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission vac pump help

BigDuck

what wrench is used to loosin the bolt to adjust the position of the pump? i cant seem to get to it with a standard wrench, i went to the tool store to find an OPEN END obstruction wrench but they only offer closed ends. any help will be greatly appreciated, i hope i dont have to remove the intake just to get to this one bolt.:?:

jmmay82

If you are talking about the vac pump where the distributor would go in a gasser I was able to get a 15 with a long 3/8 extension on it easily

BigDuck

Well i took an old 3/8 open end and ground the side down, that worked. I adjusted it but the transmisson still shifts hard so i've adjusted it to about 5 different positions with no luck finding a sweet spot, it may need to be replaced or taken off and cleaned like one guy did, i just gotta find that thread again.......

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The position of the pump, makes no difference to the function. It is not position sensitive.