• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission woes

Hasdrubal

For a few months now on my 86 M1009 I've noticed a whirring type sound, particularly up hill in second, coming from the tranny, which wasn't present before. Now it seems that its toast, serious driveability issues to say the least. I barely made it home today. It started shifting from second back down to first under load, repeatedly. Wouldn't shift into third at all and at the last steep hill at my place, well, I hardly made it. Even though I placed it in first and went relatively slowly, it started shuddering then hardly moved along at all, as in real slow crawl . Noticed a burnt oil type smell, pulled dipstick and it smelt burnt.Any ideas on what a tranny shop should charge to to a rebuild? Are there any CUCV specific components like torque converter or other bits that make this tranny different than a run of the mill 400? Thanks

Smokindieseldually

Coast Automatic Transmission (1986) Ltd - 604-435-8168 or North American Engine & Transmission Exchange Ltd - 604-687-0711
Both shops have rebuilt transmissions for a few of my clients.They were both pleased with the service and quality of work.Being Vancouver has so many transmissions shops if your looking for your best price and warranty on having your trans rebuilt, your just going to have to spend a few hours calling around.If you do not have any automotive contacts in the area P.M me or I'd recommend gathering shop numbers from the Better Bussiness Bureau of the lower mainland here is a direct link
http://mainlandbc.app.bbb.org/roster?tob=60902&code=&bureau=&bbbid= If you are looking for Pre-built TH400 or even a used unit contact me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks