• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission

Danl

Danl M915A1

why would you put a roadranger in , there good but you have to no how to run them and they don't like to be stuck, they jest want to roll along . not good off, hard road. My gest would be No. Tranfer case would have to go. Road ranger is a road tranny not off road 2cents

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a 8LL I've thought about putting into a M936. I haven't took the measurements yet to see if it would fit though. Just at a glance it looks like it would fit in a M939 series. I'm not sure about a older 5-ton though.

smoothnu

This road ranger came out of a pull out truck. (logging) It was great for moving threw the woods. It would also be great to be able to stay in the proper RPM range, while pulling a load. The 5 speeds that come in these trucks have far to wide a gap between gears. 3rd and forth being the worst.

Coldfusion21

It's all about length. Many transmissions seem to be longer than the factory trans, making it quite a production to mount it up (moving the transfer case and making several new driveshafts)

The older 5 tons have the transmission and engine mounted far to one side that may be a problem with a road ranger . I transmission out if any one needs any measurements ?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks