• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmissions slips until warmed up. How to replace?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Done, jdemaris, please do not post on this thread. Your argueing needs to stop NOW. You were just banned for 3 days for this same thing. The next ban will be longer.

combat jump

Hey guys, My 1028 drives and shifts fine while driving normally. Last week I tried out my new tires and lift on some really steep banks, it did great. After I got back out on the road the transmission seemed to slip while in 2nd and 3rd gear. The next day I drove it again to see if it would slip and it drove fine. The fluid level is full. Any ideas?

Thanks
Shankem,

You have some differences from my slipping: Mine was 1st gear, happened pretty suddenly (overnight), got better after warming up, which only lasted three days. Then no forward movement at all. Reverse was never affected.

I found fried clutch plates (and a broken "O" ring) in the forward clutch pack. There are other sets of clutch friction plates in the transmission, however, and each has their own "O" rings. Your problem may be from one of the other sets of friction plates.

Did the problem clear up on its one? If not, your only option is to try a flush with a filter change. Earlier in this thread, I detailed a trans flush. Other guys here have additional info on that. It did not work for me, and I then tore the trans down. Make sure you add a drain plug during the filter change, or you'll be swearing if you have to drain the fluid again to pull the transmission. Just don't put it where I did in the photo - I learned the hard way that it interferes with the filter there. :( I had to weld the hole closed, and relocated it.

Good luck, and keep me posted.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks