• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmsion linkage issues with the 1009

chevyguy1976

Well I finally got around to getting the turbo 400 rebuilt for my 1009. I got it all put back together today and It will not shift out of park. The shift leaver or fork that comes out of the transmission is tight against the transmission and will not move. I can pull it out away from the transmission and it will shift thru all the gears fine. When you shift back into park it goes back tight to the transmission and will not shift out of park. Does this sound like linkage problem or internal transmission problem. I have looked at the tm and tried adjusting the rod as described but does not seem to help much. I don't remember a turbo 400 shifter fork moving in or out but its been many years since I had to mess with one. The one on my 1976 3/4 ton 4x4 does not move in and out but its a turbo 350. Any help would be appreciated

Ed

Skinny

The linkage should only rotate from P to 1 and back again, at no time should it ever actually move the shaft it is attached to back and forth in the transmission casing. That would be technically axial play. Now if you installed the shift arm backwards (not sure if that is even possible) maybe that is causing the arm to jam against the side of the case.

chevyguy1976

That's what I was thinking. Once I pull out on the shaft it shifts fine and solidly into each gear. Least it sounds like it does anyway. thinking maybe the rebuilder messed something up.