• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TRANSPORT 2 1/2 NC to VA

jkfowler

Need running 1977 Kaiser 2 1/2 transported from Asheboro, NC 27203 to Richmond, VA 23237. Pickup in secured yard in Asheboro during normal business hours and deliver to commercial warehouse in Richmond any time. Truck is in good condition but brake system needs work.

CASH payment to be decided.

I've got my first deuce, now I've got to get it home. Any ideas, suggestions, comments, etc. are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith Fowler

kfowler1@att.net

Bermuda Storage
10500 Jefferson Davis Highway
Richmond, VA 23237

M 804-874-6666
W 804-275-9288

jkfowler

Thanks for all the help and input. Much thanks to Peecook for helping with his 5 ton and tow bar. Deuce is now home in Richmond and is a blast. Far exceeds what I expected. Runs great. Now for the tire upgrades! Suggestions appreciated.

jkfowler

Tarheel Natives

Jkfowler
Glad to see you got your deuce home!
ranger.41
Ranger,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am from Salisbury originally and always love to hear from tarheel natives. I saw your location on the map on the site. What do you have?

If you're ever coming our way, look me up. Go thru there all the time. Our location is 2 miles from the Richmond DGSC if you are buying from them.

Thanks,

Keith Fowler
kfowler1@att.net

Bermuda Storage
10500 Jefferson Davis Highway
Richmond, VA 23237

M 804-874-6666
W 804-275-9288

ranger.41

JKfowler
I have a 1951 M-37.
I was wondering how I missed a deuce for sale from the city of Asheboro.
How did you find it!
ranger.41

jkfowler

Ashebore Deuce

JKfowler
I have a 1951 M-37.
I was wondering how I missed a deuce for sale from the city of Asheboro.
How did you find it!
ranger.41
Bought it on Govdeals from the city. I was no. 2 bidder on it twice and high bidders didn't come thru both times. Govdeals contacted me and offered it for my max high bid and I bit.

The city had it for several years, but only used it a couple of times per year to pull garbage trucks out of ditches during annual snows. I'm from Salisbury so I know about the massive snows in Asheboro! It has 9,035 miles. They kept it in police impound lot at the water plant. They hadn't used it in many months and the brakes had stuck. So they backed them off to move it, thus no brakes. The last buyer came and wouldn't take it with the stuck brakes, so they called me.

It's a M35A2 with winch, metal top and has had the Toulle, UT upgrade, thus now has a turbo which is great. Paint is weak. It started right up strong and runs great, just got to work on the brakes. It far exceeded what I had anticipated as I didn't know about the turbo as the data plate hadn't been updated. I'm interested in learning about your M-37s. We'll get together and I'll buy the lunch, dinner or what. I have a brother in law and sister living in Asheboro, Dr. Ted Anderson and my sister was Sara Anderson. She was a physical therapist there but died a year and a half ago.

Look forward to talking with you. Let's stay in touch.

Keith Fowler

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks