• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transport from Ft. Sill to Clarksville, TX

OL AG '89

I won a M1009 in Ft. Sill, haven'tgottent the EUC cleared yet, but anybody interested in a short Tow job???
It's worth CASH MONEY and custom smoked MEATS!!!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd think your 3500 would be up to the job. I just towed a 1009 back from LA with my F250. Man I love having a medium towbar and a large diesel truck. More like someone tailgating me than towing 5k pounds.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought I was picking it up and bringing it to OKC? Are you muscling me out of the deal?? :p

OL AG '89

MK the 3500 would be a BREEZE towing it.... Ask Warthog!!! I got the last one from him in a blistering snowstorm last Feb Mar.....
The problem is I'm in Houston so the first 5 hours are not possible and maintain a Friday appearance at the job, Ft. Sill doesn't do Fri pickups.... Goober.... ment and ALL...:grd:
Warthog - It's yours but I figure if there's someone out willing to do it for le$$, then I'm all over it... Wait you said $50 plus the smoked Meats????:):):):)
Barrman - Not a fight yet, have to chinstrap the STETSON and change out the front tires FIRST!!!!!!:p:p:p:p

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PS what does it mean: EUC sent to BattleCreek???
Is that the "NORMAL" process?
That means it's time to wait. My first one was 120+ days. Most newbies are at 90 days now. The gooberment wants you to enjoy every minute of it!!!

After your first one it will only take 5-10 days on average.

Pull up the rocking chair...

Barrman

They already took your money though, right? Don't you love the way that works?

There seems to be a good bit of vehicle and parts/vehicles needing to be transferred between here and OKC. We might need a plan here.

OL AG '89

Tim,
Are you kidiing, THEY had the money next day, I'm sure they'll pay me interest while I wait.
I got a quote for the transport and I can't drive to OKC and back for the Fuel cost let alone the 9 hour drive there and back.
480 miles round trip.... quote was about $1 mile from Ft. Sill to Annona, to front door
you buy something else Tim?

Warthog might have to take that, as I can then spend 9 hours on a Sat not driving, but playing in woods with other CUCV!!!

Barrman

No, not really. I just have some parts that will be going that way some time and some parts that need to come this way some time. The past two years it has worked out to a Valentines day trip to see Warthog with my wife at home. Thank fully, Valentines day is not on a weekend this year so I won't get grief about it.

OL AG '89

o.k. so the quote i got soft, no better yet JUST PLAIN MUSH SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I need some help !!!!
EUC cleared 18 Jan + 10 budnis days no Fridays....
Time is short

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks