• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TreadWright Tires - Anyone run them here?

DXTAC

I am thinking about buying 4 of the TreadWright Warden AT's and using one of my current tires as a spare. I'm sticking with the 31's and considering the AT's solely because I am going to be hauling the toys mostly and not doing to much off road with the TV. TreadWright states you get about 10% better wear out of the AT's vs. the Crawlers or the Guard Dogs. Has anyone run these tires before? I did a search here on SS and came up pretty empty. I googled and read positive stuff and watched some good YouTube videos on them. Looking for somebody's 2cents!!!

Thx,

Last edited:

sirleaksalot

I like the tread on the guard dog myself. I have summer tires and rims and need to get tires for the rims To run in winter. price is not bad even if they are retreads, heck that is all we ran when I was growing up. we melted them off the rims before they wore out......
the treads are basic copies of brand name tires.

linx310

Wow did some reading on some of the other forums and they seem to be a quality retread that last just as long as a new tire.

The Guard Dogs are a clone for the Goodyear M/T.

Any one have any pics with 31/10.5R15 Goodyear M/Ts on there stock M1009?

wjruth

Back when they were called High-Tec retreading I had bought a set of mud tires for my jeep. They were good tires and lasted 20k+ miles with less than steller conditions.

Attachments

jworth94

I bought some guard dogs (e) just a few days ago. They're being delivered next Tuesday. I don't have any experience with them, but after the glowing reviews online and after speaking with their customer service rep., I pulled the trigger. I like the look of the tire and for the price, they are probably going to be hard to beat, IMHO. They seem to match the truck better than anything else I've found.

As you probably know, they currently have a sale on some tire sizes. I went with the 285/75/16's for my M1008. Good luck.

Jon

russ132

I have had a set of treadwrights on my CJ7 for three years now, I bought them when the company was still high tech. They have been a great set of tires. I do alot of wheeling in the local local quarry and they still look almost new. Good tires, Great prices.

Bobert

I got some 33x12.50s before they stopped selling them. I have had them for 2 years now and around 10-15k miles. I have had no issues with separation and not even a flat.

At the time I got them I worked at a tire shop and they didn't take an excessive amount of weight to balance and I have been running without weights just fine.

I forgot what tread I got but they work well in mud and snow.

They were $90/ tire when I got them.

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

I had a set about 5 years ago in their old school mud tire tread. Did NOT enjoy their customer service at the time and went through quite a hassle over a tread seperation after less than 400 miles and 2 days of use. Got a new tire and all seemed well for most of the next year when I started to notice the tread pulling off the carcass on the sides of two tires. A call to them resulted in me being told I could NOT get that same tire anymore (despite their site listing it and yes, it still does today). I ended up just giving up on High Tec and was about to buy new tires when my ex wife rolled the vehicle. I let the tires go with the SUV. Didn't want to hassle with them anymore.

All that said, that was 4-5 years ago and under High Tec's banner. I also know that several of the employees I dealt with are no longer there and one lady was actually fired for being rude to customers. I hope that under the new banner they are better than I and a few others were treated but we seemed to be the anomaly even then.

I've seen their stuff now and would consider it. I'm hesitant but hope they are better now than during my experience. The price of new tires now is so insane.
That said, check Ebay and the like. After the ex rolled her SUV I shopped around for a similar size tire for her new SUV (was the same make) and found a set of brand new Kumho MT's on Ebay for about the same price delivered.

One piece of advice, get the Green Diamond crystals or whatever they call it now. Little crystals of stuff that get embedded in the tread as they make it. Act like studs. I **** you not those tires, even being muds of an old school design, were some of the best winter tires I've ever owned. We buzzed through drifts and snow, ran over ice, and all sorts of other stuff that a Northern Michigan winter threw at us with little trouble.

linx310

Damit...I knew I should have placed more order yesterday when I had 4 in my shopping cart...they are sold out.

Last edited:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know about anybody else but I got fed up with filling out the stupid address forms, over and over, because everytime I came to check-out it said my address was invalid and the sale would go no further. Wrote to their contact email 3 times and they keep sending me another log-in password... go figure. So I'm a bit wary of buying tires from them and wonder what their customer service might be like.

linx310

I don't know about anybody else but I got fed up with filling out the stupid address forms, over and over, because everytime I came to check-out it said my address was invalid and the sale would go no further. Wrote to their contact email 3 times and they keep sending me another log-in password... go figure. So I'm a bit wary of buying tires from them and wonder what their customer service might be like.
That is weird...I just called them and placed an order. They were really nice on the phone. From what the other off road boards say there customer service is now pretty good.

madmanvillain

i have a set of 245/75R16 PUMA A/T (E) on my trailblazer. absolutely love them. put them on probably last november and almost a year later they still look brand new. treadwrights website leaves me wanting more. when i ordered mine, the website said there were none in stock, so i called up to get an estimate, the lady said that she could have them shipped in a few days. i did, however, have to go back and get them balanced a second time, but im not sure if that was because they were difficult to balance or if it was error on the person balancing them.

I have used 2 different sets of these tires. Both have over 25k on them. Very good people to deal with and if you have a failure, good response time for correcting it. You can't beat the price either.

Srjeeper

I just put my 5th. set of these tires on the wifes Liberty.

The set I have on my TJ are goin on their 5th winter and will make it thru next summer before needing to be replaced. I rotate tires every 5 to 7,500 miles when I do an oil change.

I've never had a flat with one of these tires. On one set, I had a small leak in one tire when I mounted it and they sent me out a free replacement that day, no questions.
They also told me to keep the leaking tire for a spare or chuck it. I put a tube in it and it's still on the vehicle.

Customer service has always been excellent, but at this time of year there may be a wait on certain sizes.
You'll know when you order if they're in stock or not.

Honestly....I won't buy a new tire anymore because they don't last as long as a TreadWright tire does. 2cents

[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks