• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tri State Military Vehicle show and swap meet East Ridge TN (Camp Jordan)

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read about this show in the Military Vehicles magazine and was wondering if anyone from here was going to attend it.

My wife and I will be down there on vacation and thought it would be a good idea to check it out. Sound off if your planning on attending.

Bert

Sep 3 - Sep 4 2016 East Ridge, TN, 7th Annual Tri-State MVC Show and Swap Meet, Camp Jordan (near Chattanooga off I-75). 8-5, both days

Jeeagle

I'll be there seeing that not only I live here, but also part of the club.

Was thinking on selling APC rides but everyone is worried about insurance and lawsuits and such.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will be our first chance to attend and we are excited.

We look forward to possibly meeting some club members, since this will be our new home in a couple of years. We have grown accustom to allot of club activity here in WI and hope that it would be similar in the Chattanooga area.

Bert

Jeeagle

It will be our first chance to attend and we are excited.

We look forward to possibly meeting some club members, since this will be our new home in a couple of years. We have grown accustom to allot of club activity here in WI and hope that it would be similar in the Chattanooga area.

Bert
Come on Down! Find me and I can show you everyone (I know) and what have you. Just ask for Devan!

On another note,

I am still on the fence about selling FV 436 Tracked Armour driving deals to general public but for SS members I can make exception since military vehicle owners are way smarter with such things than John Q public. I generally ask about $50 bucks to drive the loop I have made including some hills and trees to run over, just over 1.5 miles total. Also the area I keep is close to the Swap Meet so if someone wanted to take their vehicle to test out is okay too.

Also, My Work will be there QTM (Quarter Ton & Military) so if anyone needs paint or some parts we can do our best to help out!

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the delay in posting pictures. aua

OK, I attended the show and there was a great turn out of Military vehicles. I got a chance to meet many of the Tri State Club Members and talked to them for quiet some time. Here are some pictures of the event.

Bert

Attachments

Jeeagle

Great pics here, Bert; thank you!

I don't remember ever seeing the WWII Half Track truck without tracks. That sure is interesting.

I wonder which of the two formats was produced the most (rubber tired, or half-tracked)?

View attachment 647126

That would be a M3a1 Scout car! They were used very early and found to be overweight/high ground pressure for cross country. So they redesigned a platform I would guess based off it with the half track in mind to improve usability off road. Besides the Tracks easier way to tell them apart is the rear Armour. On half track it is taller on the back with an access door.

I work with the owner of this scout car. And have done quite a bit of work on it as well. Story has it this one was brought back (Armour was cut,) And served with the Greek army at some point. I also found out during waterpump replacement the engine had a DAF Truck oil cooler mounted on it which was a Dutch Truck deal (DAF YAZ 126 or something like that) It made removing the water pump a 7 hour job with lack of information on them. I finally found a DAF fan site translated several pages until I found magical page with the photo showing the last bolt INSIDE the oil cooler. . Seeing Hercules JXD engines were used in everything this also helps place this as being restore overseas or worked on at some point. Of course it is all speculation.

Overall, it is a lot to drive ( I find a deuce easier to manage) and will easily do 50-60mph. Visibility is low like sitting in a deep bathtub The 4 speed non synchronous transmission makes for a skilled approach to driving. Even with just a Flathead 6 with a one barrel she moves her weight decently. Weighing in around 8,000lbs dry-ish she is def fun to stop as well. Overall though a fun vehicle to drive. Specially if you a passenger and can stand behind the 50 cal going down the road! WP_001424_zpsesmmself.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks