• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tried hooking up the hemtt to hemat trailer, tried.

builderboy

Ok, more silly questions from the Kansan. I have put my hemat trailer behind the five ton for a few years works great!! I even pulled it with the het a few times. Finally hooked it up to the hemtt and no go. brakes wouldn't release. My brother who is a 20yr veteran of being a otr driver was there with me and we are both stumped. Couple questions, on the five ton we have to cross the air hoses and I can't remember on the het. Anyway we tried both ways on the hemtt. Released truck and trailer brakes in the cab. Put the lever in every position possible for the trailer brakes. We have some air but it kinda acts like its not getting enough air to release the brakes on the trailer. Is it possible something is blocking the air to the trailer but not effecting the brakes on the truck?? On the five tons there are some valves by the glad hands. I looked to try and find some value that might be not on all the way to the trailer air hook ups??? Any ideas?? It just acts low on pressure to the trailer.

thanks!!

kevin

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok, more silly questions from the Kansan. I have put my hemat trailer behind the five ton for a few years works great!! I even pulled it with the het a few times. Finally hooked it up to the hemtt and no go. brakes wouldn't release. My brother who is a 20yr veteran of being a otr driver was there with me and we are both stumped. Couple questions, on the five ton we have to cross the air hoses and I can't remember on the het. Anyway we tried both ways on the hemtt. Released truck and trailer brakes in the cab. Put the lever in every position possible for the trailer brakes. We have some air but it kinda acts like its not getting enough air to release the brakes on the trailer. Is it possible something is blocking the air to the trailer but not effecting the brakes on the truck?? On the five tons there are some valves by the glad hands. I looked to try and find some value that might be not on all the way to the trailer air hook ups??? Any ideas?? It just acts low on pressure to the trailer.

thanks!!

kevin
You answered your own question. You think it has a restriction or a shut off valve or bad trailer valve. so trace the line to its source and rig up an air pressure gauge to read it. Should go to an inversion valve for the service and emergency side to balance air flow. Then to the dash trailer valve then a supply from the tank

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk