• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tried the $35 WalMart LED light kit yet?

Moto2four

My Tractor Supply brand is Blazer 12v LED lights, but I made a civilian/military tow light set with some scrap angle iron from a round bale feeder the horses destroyed. Even though it stated 12v and not multivolt, it has worked fine for over 9 hours (440 miles) of travel, and about 6 hours was fulltime after dark while recovering two M818s. Of course, they could die after 10 hours, but they work great now. I'm using the 4-flat wire to tie into the military plug as discribed numerous times here. I think they cost around $44 a set of the bolt on. Couldn't find any magnetic Blazer LED light sets.

These photos are for a tractor, but for cargo trucks, I just need to flip the lights on the angle iron and use the C-clamps to attach to bumperettes. This setup is a lot easier to use than the military tow light set with the straps and heavy cables.

View attachment 497077View attachment 497078View attachment 497079View attachment 497080View attachment 497081
I apologize for the crappy photos, I need a decent camera.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/sto...ailer-light-kit-for-trailers-under-80-in-wide
I just bought a set of these. Hopefully they held up good for you.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After about 1600 miles and about 36 hours on 24volts, some of the LEDs in each light have died, but enough still light up so that the lights are still bright and usable.

Chief_919

I built a use the wireless lights for when I do recoveries and towing. That makes it super easy to install and move between trailers and vehicles in tow.

It works great, but for bigger/longer trailers or towing something like a CUCV I found that using and extension to move the transmitter up higher gave it much better reception- towing a M1008 with the lights on the open tailgate was too much metal between the lights and transmitter, but moving the transmitter up a couple feet worked like a champ.

The magnets are iffy on anything but a very flat surface, but that is why man invented zip ties and ratchet straps.

They use 6 AA's, I have a 12v charger and rotate them out. They last me about 18 hours a set of batteries if the driving is half day half night with running lights one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=oldgrossurstu-20&linkId=3QL46DDF4IJBC4K7

Jerryrwalton

Hay I tried to rewire my trailer. I removed the 12 pin nato and installed a RV 7. All I can get to work is both back light flash when I turn on the right or left turn signal . I can not get the brake oe the marker lights to work. I changed out the bulbs to 12v. What am I doing wrong?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hay I tried to rewire my trailer. I removed the 12 pin nato and installed a RV 7. All I can get to work is both back light flash when I turn on the right or left turn signal . I can not get the brake oe the marker lights to work. I changed out the bulbs to 12v. What am I doing wrong?
wired incorrectly. search the threads for the wiring diagram.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks