• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tried to adjust fuel and now truck wont start

hambo

I tried to adjust my fuel for the first time this morning i cut the little wire holding the nut and now i adjusted the screw. However the screw or whatever it is came out of the pump. So i just adjusted it and put it back in. And after i did that i cannot get the deuce to start up. Any ideas what i messed up?

this is the screw im referring to uploadfromtaptalk1406913249653.jpg

XchaosX

That's not good! You want to make sure the shaft doesn't spin at all. You needed to loosen the first nut first. Then hold the shaft as you adjust the second nut.

hambo

Is that the shaft that isnt supposed to spin? because in the sticky i thought it was a different shaft since it said that shaft had a hex on the end to hold onto it

hambo

And to turn up the fuel should more screw threads be sticking out in front of the first nut or less?

brianp454

I've never gotten into that myself, but understand that turning the screw vs running it straight in and out will cause a piece of the mechanism behind there to come loose and fall down inside the IP. It's supposed to be a booger to get it apart and get it, especially if it falls in the wrong spot and keeps going down. There are folks here that have been through what you're going through.

Check out the sticky "How to Adjust Fuel in Pictures" thread and the Injection Pump TM. Also, a local injection shop should be able to help out (they're usually close to a truck stop)

XchaosX

More threads showing = more fuel. You will mostly likely have to take apart your ip now. Because the rod on the back of shaft fell off.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's not good! You want to make sure the shaft doesn't spin at all. You needed to loosen the first nut first. Then hold the shaft as you adjust the second nut.
You don't have to hold the shaft. Just loosen the outer jam nut while holding the inner with a very thin wrench.
I will say it because I will help you. Yea you screwed up big to there little buddy.
Hambo PM me your address and I will send you all that you need to fix. No charge just shipping.
Also no rod on the back and nothing to fix we have to replace. No worries have the piece in my hand as I type.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that the shaft that isnt supposed to spin? because in the sticky i thought it was a different shaft since it said that shaft had a hex on the end to hold onto it
No hex head on the correct main fuel adjustment screw. The hex head screw is above the main fuel twin screws and we don't mess with that. That is for adjusting the FDC servo. pressures. Here is the servo with hex head where my finger is.
Dont play with it you will go blind.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure appears that way!! Gotta love the generosity you get to witness here on S.S. Ya rock Florida!

God bless
Tony
Thanks,Yea that is where they snap. No worries easy fix and the rest of the peice is locked into the outher wedge so nothing can fall into the IP.

hambo

You don't have to hold the shaft. Just loosen the outer jam nut while holding the inner with a very thin wrench.
I will say it because I will help you. Yea you screwed up big to there little buddy.
Hambo PM me your address and I will send you all that you need to fix. No charge just shipping.
Also no rod on the back and nothing to fix we have to replace. No worries have the piece in my hand as I type.
Thanks florida for your generous offer but since i have barely any mechanical experience at all i think i want to try to find a place to get the whole top of the pump piece with all the parts rather than trying to dig in there and replace it because i think I'd probably mess something else up in the pump

Rmtaunton

You still have to remove the top wether you get the whole thing or just the rod , labor and difficulty are the same , and kudos to you florida

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rm is correct but if you realy feel that way I will send you the whole top end of the FDC ready to install. Is your FDC allready bypassed? I think you should do it but it's your truck. The top unit will just be the two hoses, 4 bolts, lift off and replace with mine.

plumkrazy

I am impressed by the help and knowledge shown by the members of this site. It is an Honor to be a member here and I learn something new everyday. Now if I could only remember what I've learned;-). At least my 'Bookmarks' section does not suffer my poor memory.... Regards