• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tripping Sensors at Left hand turn lanes?

Mos68x

Does anyone else have issues with their trucks not tripping the EM field for left hand turn lane sensors? Have any of you done anything creative to address this?

Last edited by a moderator:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Harbor freight magnet attached to the drain plug on the front differential will solve this. There are a few posts on this already. Your wheels are too high off the ground to trip it and this also happens on some small cars that don't have enough metal to trip it either.

Mos68x

Sorry, I thought about searching after I had already posted it, thanks for the answer. I'll see if I can find out which ones everyone used.

Mos68x

I forgot to post up that I bought a couple of the 250lb magnets and 3' of chain, so far there has only been one light that they didn't trip. Of course, I also noticed that I broke one of the two magnets eye bolts, so I lost that magnet. Not sure how that happened since they're still sitting 9-12" off the ground.

someoldmoose

Somewhat related, and I am COMPLETELY surprised with the Pennsyltuckey Gov't. A new law just went thru that if you are at a sensor driven light that has not changed in "reasonable" (definition unknown) time, and if safe to do so, a driver MAY proceed through the red light. caveat : as always if you DO and something happens, it's YOUR butt- tocks. That is why one of the first things getting mounted in mine is a dash cam. Evidence is everything.

Mos68x

They've had that law for the motorcycles for a while, of course it wouldn't have helped with the 5T lol. There's been too many times where I'd be stuck at a light in PA (Lancaster to Coatesville area) waiting on the **** thing or traffic to give me a break.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need to do that as well Tin, which ones do you use? Like/hate them?
Garmin

Have the singles and 2 of the two camera systems.
Records front and rear
video and audio, can also remove it and use it as a camera.
GPS and mapping also.

been using them for 5-6 years now.

Prevents he said/she said situations.

LOVE THEM!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Remember that IF you do have a dash camera and you have an accident. You need to complete a chain of custody on that camera sd card or anything it is stored on. My advice to anyone is to have the officer watch it if involved in a crash. Then ask him for a form. They all have them either in a file folder or on their computer system. He can sign it and then you seal it in an envelope and then mail it to your insurance company. If for some reason the accident ever went to a trail for a death as a result of the accident or some other type of civil proceedings if the chain of custody isn't complete on the SD card or camera storage device then it will be deemed inadmissible since it was on a parties possession and anyone could have tampered with it.

Just had a hearing the other day on this in which the tape was thrown out even though it showed an obvious answer.

Mos68x

Remember that IF you do have a dash camera and you have an accident. You need to complete a chain of custody on that camera sd card or anything it is stored on. My advice to anyone is to have the officer watch it if involved in a crash. Then ask him for a form. They all have them either in a file folder or on their computer system. He can sign it and then you seal it in an envelope and then mail it to your insurance company. If for some reason the accident ever went to a trail for a death as a result of the accident or some other type of civil proceedings if the chain of custody isn't complete on the SD card or camera storage device then it will be deemed inadmissible since it was on a parties possession and anyone could have tampered with it.

Just had a hearing the other day on this in which the tape was thrown out even though it showed an obvious answer.
Interesting point, I'll have to remember that.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Interesting point, I'll have to remember that.
And if you are fault in an accident hopefully you have the common sense to not show it to anyone except your attorney.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

wcuhillbilly

FYI, we don't "all" have those "forms".... An officer will likely take the SD card and include it in the evidence collected at the scene, and submit it in the agency report.... yes, I am forced to work for an alphabet agency for my day job..

chain of custody forms are only good for the officer who is investigating the incident or for an investigating department. a chain of custody form provided by a civilian will get tossed everytime. So,,, hint.. if you have a way to back it up and provide an SD or otherwise to the scene collector, this covers your butt twice....

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Criminal proceedings for chain of custody yes will get thrown out unless it is done by an LEO or counsel. Civil proceedings are different on evidence since with insurance claims and reports may be done by up to 20 people therefore the chain of custody is a little different and more not as formal.

And a chain of custody doesn't have to be a form if its not available. a sheet of paper works just as well. Most agencies have computers and printers in their vehicles. Especially state agencies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks