• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop seat alarm on a m1078

mark robin

Can anybody explain to me where the cable from box plugs into. When I got vehicle it was unplugged and not sure what plug it connects to. Thank you if someone can help me

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It connects to a cannon plug on the back of the cab I believe. Not the one up high, that one is for a rotating wrecker light I think.

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember my truck correctly, the troop transport alarm cable actually snakes around and mates with a connector near the fuel water separator or near the upper driver side of the engine block . This allows the cab to raise without disconnecting the cable.

Did a quick check of the -24P manual and found the kit containing the cable. However, I did not find a diagram with the mating connector on the truck. Hopefully, I can send you a picture during daylight hours.

firefinder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some photos to clarify. These photos are on the driver's side and towards the rear of the engine. The white filter is the fuel / water separator. Three branches come off the wiring harness at this location. One branch goes low to the transmission. Second branch is not connected on my truck. The third branch has blue tape identifier for troop transport alarm. Best I could see, the troop transport alarm connector is labeled P39.

Let me know if I can provide additional info.

IMG_0979.jpgIMG_0975.jpgIMG_0978.jpgIMG_0977.jpg