• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop seat post bolts

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have accurate dimensions / CAD of the troop seat bolts that hold the upright posts in place (#7 in the picture)? Alternatively, does anyone have one that is functional enough to come apart, that I could borrow/buy, to blueprint and have some made?
Troop seat post bolts.png
My bolts need changing, but are all stuck and rusted so badly that I'm going to have to cut them off. I want to have backups before I do that.

Thanks!

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can have them made, I just need precision dimensions of one. I would like to have replacements on hand so that I can cut the old ones off, replace the broken seats, and then reinstall the posts with new bolts, all in one day.

I'm a mechanical engineer, so I can create prints for a machine shop to make more, if I can borrow a good disassemblable bolt from someone. I'm happy to post the prints here too, so others can get some made.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones I have are made of stainless steel.
Mine aren't... they are steel. Maybe they were made or replaced at some point. Strangely, they are pretty much the only rusty part on my truck, and are totally rusted to the nuts. Since the only way to hold them still is the screwdriver slot, I twisted one of the slots out and then twisted the screwdriver blade on the second one, trying to get them off. That's why the next step is going to be the grinder, but I want to have some replacements [made] first.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a metric or imperial thread? 0.313" looks like it's an M8, since the threads typically run a couple thousandths under.