• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troop seats

borky51

Can anyone tell me wear I can get fiberglass boards to replace the wood ones on my troop seats for my M 35-A2 Thanks Borky51 262-347- 8711

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you cant find the correct NSN ones, check into the 5 ton ones, you may have to drill some new holes in them and cut them down a bit, but they may be easier to find.

Adrian A

Fyi. I went to my local lumber yard and got the correct dimension in wood for $3 per board. I slathered them up good with paint and the are perfect. They are not fiberglass, but are correct either way. Cheap too.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Good luck on that, usually if it says to contact us well... there was a story one time about a guy who stopped at a remote gas station--nothing around for 100 miles. Seems that the guy that ran the gas station had this huge hump on top of his shoulder (in addition to his head). So the guy that stops asks how much for a quart of oil. The station owner say $20. The other guy said "That's awfully high" but he needed the oil so he had to pay the price. He was thirsty so he went inside and found a bottle of water as asks "How much for the water?". Hump guy says $30 which got the response "That's awfully high" but he needed water so he paid it. When he went back outside he saw he needed air in a tire and the pump had a sign that said see attendant to turn on pump. So he asks for the air to be turned on and the attendant says "That's $25". Of course that elicited "That's awfully high" but he had to pay it. After he got the air he turned to the attendant and asks "What's the hump on your shoulder?" The attendant says "It's a birth defect." to which the customer says "That's odd, I thought it was your a$$ cause everything else around here is awfully high".

Couldn't help it.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have about 10-12 fiberglass 'take off" boards. Not sure if deuce or 5 ton...I'm probably too far away from you to be able to help out. Shipping would be a pain as well.

Merc1973

Good luck on that, usually if it says to contact us well... there was a story one time about a guy who stopped at a remote gas station--nothing around for 100 miles. Seems that the guy that ran the gas station had this huge hump on top of his shoulder (in addition to his head). So the guy that stops asks how much for a quart of oil. The station owner say $20. The other guy said "That's awfully high" but he needed the oil so he had to pay the price. He was thirsty so he went inside and found a bottle of water as asks "How much for the water?". Hump guy says $30 which got the response "That's awfully high" but he needed water so he paid it. When he went back outside he saw he needed air in a tire and the pump had a sign that said see attendant to turn on pump. So he asks for the air to be turned on and the attendant says "That's $25". Of course that elicited "That's awfully high" but he had to pay it. After he got the air he turned to the attendant and asks "What's the hump on your shoulder?" The attendant says "It's a birth defect." to which the customer says "That's odd, I thought it was your a$$ cause everything else around here is awfully high".

Couldn't help it.

1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

I called them today. They asked me what was the name of my business/company. I said none, the operator sounded annoyed and said "hold on." A man answered and said "please email us with the provided link, we'll be looking for your email." I don't think they like dealing with the non-DOD civilians... They quoted me at $43 per slat for my M35A2.

I think I'm going to the lumbar yard to replace my rotted wood. :shock:

Last edited:

ATPTac

I called them today. They asked me what was the name of my business/company. I said none, the operator sounded annoyed and said "hold on." A man answered and said "please email us with the provided link, we'll be looking for your email." I don't think they like dealing with the non-DOD civilians... They quoted me at $43 per slat for my M35A2.

I think I'm going to the lumbar yard to replace my rotted wood. :shock:
:shock: Holy crap! Yeah, I'd just get some wood or get the composite decking.

borky51

I have about 10-12 fiberglass 'take off" boards. Not sure if deuce or 5 ton...I'm probably too far away from you to be able to help out. Shipping would be a pain as well.
Thanks I'm in Wisconsin would cost to much to ship, I'll keep checking my area I might have to go back to lumber. I hate painting

borky51

They were not very nice to me when I call The heck with them they must have allot of customers. and the personality of a rock I don't think that I would buy anything from that company if it was free. There off my list.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks