• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble Cold Starting My M-1008 (Help Plz)

mijon

I'm having trouble cold starting my m 1008. All glow plugs work. When I turn over the truck to run postion and wait for the WAIT light to go out, it takes forever for the wait light to go out. Instead of hearing a click and a thump from the glow plug relay, all there is a quite click and no thump. I'm thinking I need a new glow plug relay. Has anyone else ran into this trouble or could offer any advice? Is it possible it could be the glow plug controller? Also I'm assuming you can't order the relay or the relay from any ole Auto Parts Store, because of the (24-12 volt conversion?) Where would I be able to find the relay at if that's the problem. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Westech

CPL
oh boy here we go....
One: how do you know the glow plugs are working?
Two: it does not sound like you really know how the system even works.
Three: you need to do some searching and reading the forum so you understand how it works so you can figure out what is going on.
You can get a aftermarket relay at most parts stores.

Sounds like low voltage to me. I would bust out the DMM and look around