• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble locating/identifying this fuel part

RotorAV8R

Ive been trying to locate this fuel part for days. The line goes from the fuel rail on the driver side over the valve cover to the passenger side. The smaller line goes from this part into the flame heater by the intake manifold. My truck starts and runs fine I just noticed a steady drip from this part. I cannot locate anywhere what this part does exactly. Ive tried online searches abound and forum searches about in every way I can think of. It seems like it provides the fuel to the flame heater, but that's just me looking at it logically and thinking what could it do.

I'll post a picture. I need to buy this part because it leaks fuel. What does this part do exactly?

Thanks in advance.benton 8100x.jpg

RotorAV8R

I should have added it is leaking from the bottom left in the photo...at the end of the metal housing on the round end. I don't see anything to remove snapring wise or anything like that. None of the threaded fittings are leaking.

sandcobra164

I somehow snapped both of those lines when installing my C turbo. The truck would hesitate to start afterwards. I capped them off with a tube of RTV initially and my truck would start fine. I removed them and capped with a more permanent solution as I've never used the flame heater and the truck starts fine in that nasty 17 degree weather that we get down here in Georgia. I've read posts that they do fine in the negative temps as well since I see you are in Washington State.

RotorAV8R

The end doesn't seem to have an o-ring in it. I'm sure there could be some elsewhere in the unit but it isn't leaking at any of the threads. I want to keep the cold start feature because it works really well. Especially if your batteries are low which happened to me and it was slow cranking. The flame starter was the only thing that fired it up. I have new batteries now. In any case I'd like to keep it because its very useful to me. Does anyone know where I can get one?

RotorAV8R

If you have paypal send me your email and I'll send you $$ or send me a request for money at chopper_pilot_seth@yahoo.com if you know how to do that. Iam also looking for the air fitting that seems to go to my low air alarm. It's under the dash on the inside of the firewall if you know of any I could buy.