• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble with my Heads

TXSTDU

I have a 92 Hercules Multi-fuel that sucked some water into the cylinder during some flood rescues. Once it sucked in the water I popped both head gaskets. Since then I have torn the motor down and took the heads to the machine shop for a complete service prior to the rebuild due to heavy rusting inside the intake ports.

Today the head shop called and I need all new valves, valve seats, and freeze plugs. A quick search of the internet is not helping me locate these parts.

Can someone please help pint me in the right direction please.

EO2NMCB

The large surplus dealers should have your need parts. Ie Memphis equipment, White Owl, Eastern, Id motor pool, Boyce equipment, Oshkosh equipment.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have valves. Freeze plugs you should be able to get ANYWHERE. Not sure on valve seats but I have some old heads I could try to pull some from.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 92 Hercules Multi-fuel that sucked some water into the cylinder during some flood rescues. Once it sucked in the water I popped both head gaskets. Since then I have torn the motor down and took the heads to the machine shop for a complete service prior to the rebuild due to heavy rusting inside the intake ports.

Today the head shop called and I need all new valves, valve seats, and freeze plugs. A quick search of the internet is not helping me locate these parts.

Can someone please help pint me in the right direction please.
Use bronze freeze plugs, they will last longer than the steel ones.