• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trouble with pintle removal.

us74k5

I got the nut off of the pintle, but the pintle itself will not come loose of the bumper. Anyone know whats going on?

us74k5

Well I ended up pulling the bumper... Now i have an all new project, get rid of the rust that was forming on the truck behind the bumper. Build newer cooler rear bumper. Oh yeah, and install the new pintle at some point.

grayw0lf

Don't suppose you have a hydraulic press by chance? I'd estimate it took about 2 tons of force to break the pintle hook free. Years worth of dried up, caked up, contaminated grease locked it pretty tight.

Napoleon_Tanerite

i guess i was lucky... a 3' pry bar and a hammer broke mine loose. now it's free spinning by hand.

You could also soak the thing in some PB blaster... hose it down good, let it sit for a day, and give it a shot. If it's a no go, repeat the process a few more times.

pbrstreetgang

When you get the nut loosened, does the pintle just pull out, or is it threaded into the bumper receiver? Mine will turn from side to side, but will not begin to come out. The nut is backed up to the fuel tank and will not go any further.

jimmy-90

Gotta laugh having to put more pressure on a hitch than it was rated to hold in the first place with a hydraulic press just to get it to break free without the big nut on itrofl

donalloy1

Much sweat on a Fall Day, 5' Pry bar, pipe wrench and lots of lube whilst rotating back and forth. Put dual purpose pintle/ball combo in its place. Nice mod for me. Looks pretty good also. Six pack later and winded. Good to go. :beer: