• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Troubleshooting fuel level sender, doesn't register on the gauge 2000 M1088A1

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found it on the schematic, appears to be fed by CB77 with flow through the gauge, then sender, then level. I assume there should be some sort of voltage at the connector from the chassis to the tank. Right?

I swapped in my larger tank, did nothing but remove the old one, swap in the new sender (same OE mfr), and attach the leads to the snipped plug... and it doesn't work. Even reattaching the original OE sender (which I didn't have to slice for the Packard connector- I had a spare), the gauge didn't (doesn't function properly. It moves slightly negative and pins against the stop- regardless of which sender I am juggling.

Any idea where to start?

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ugh. Found it!

The back end of the Packard connector at the sender had corroded/disconnected. Didn't need to chase it much further than the plug. Replaced the connector with something made this century and all is good now. Updating this thread so the next person doesn't feel as stupid as I do right now.

Now back to your regularly scheduled lunacy...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks